Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th November 2006   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Christina: Wilhelmina comp card

There is something very special about models' composite cards. They are the official "documents" confirming a model's professional status. They exist to present models to clients, to show them--in just three or four images--that this model is the best possible choice for any campaign, and to affiliate that model with a certain agency (just as a great star would have been associated with a particular Hollywood studio, back in the golden age of cinema).

But the comp cards of the top agencies have a special marquee status. They confirm that a model is part of an elite sorority, a member of one of the most exclusive clubs in the world.

Just think, for example, of the short list of names that can lay claim to owning, or having owned, a Wilhelmina composite: Barbara Brickner, Shannon Marie, Charlotte Coyle, Kate Dillon, Mia Tyler, Natalie Laughlin, etc. The list is a veritable "who's who" of plus-size modelling.

Not everyone can be a Wilhelmina model, although many have dreamed of earning this distinction.

Up to now, it has been our pleasure to share several models' composites with the public: Kelsey's and Yanderis's from Dorothy Combs, Tracie Stern's from Irene Marie, Andrea's from Flaunt, and so forth. But we have never had the privilege of posting an actual printed Wilhelmina comp . . . until now.

Ladies and gentlemen, here are scans of the front and back of Christina Schmidt's brand-new Wilhelmina ten20 comp card. The front shows one of the most popular headshots from Christina's recent shoot with Fadil Berisha,

Click to enlarge

while the back shows several different snapshots of the model, and lists her height and dress size.

Click to enlarge

Many modelling agencies post their girls' precise stats (bust, waist, hips), while Wilhelmina, regrettably, does not.

It is exciting to see this official, printed confirmation of the affiliation between one of the industry's brightest rising stars, and the most celebrated agency in the business. We expect great things from this thrilling partnership.

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2006   #2
renata

Default Re: Christina: Wilhelmina comp card

I think all of the images on this card are incredibly exciting, and they show how Christina can do a tremendous range of looks, from steamy to fun to professional. Her eyes are hauntingly beautiful.

I'm especially pleased that Christina is closer to my height than most models. I love the fact tht she's 5'7, like Kailee is. Maybe that's one reason why I relate to her images. Christina's photos gives me a better idea of what anything will look like on me than pictures of models who are way taller than I am. I can't wait to see Christina in more campaigns!
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2006   #3
vargas

Default Re: Christina: Wilhelmina comp card

I must concur. It's so refreshing to finally see what a beautiful plus-size girl looks like in great clothes. When I was a girl it was rare or downright impossible to see full-figured models in magazines modeling fashionable attire. I think that plus-size girls now have it a little better than I did.

And that first head shot of Christina is absolutely fabulous!
vargas is offline   Reply With Quote