The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th December 2006   #1
renata

Default Christina Schmidt on the Torrid cover!!!

Christina Schmidt is on the Torrid cover page! What a gorgeous picture!!!

Christina has been visible at Torrid before, but this is her first main-page cover. It's stunning!!

Seriously, I think this is Torrid's best cover since the Chalotte Coyle series. WOW!!

But Christina and Torrid have surpassed themselves!

http://www.torrid.com/
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006   #2
MelanieW

Default Re: Christina Schmidt on the Torrid cover!!!

That picture is absolutely brilliant - and breathtaking. The expression is perfect for a young starlet like Christina. It has all of her exciting attitude and ultra-confidence, and it also shows off the dress really well. Christina always has that special "supermodel" presence about her, a degree of amazing beauty that totally puts her in a class of her own. But she is on our side (the side of curvy girls), thank goodness!

What a thrill to finally see her in the main Torrid image.

And Torrid couldnt have made a better choice of picture than this. No one, except maybe Barbara, can model a dress the way Christina can, and this is a gorgeous style that suits her, and all curvy girls, perfectly. I especially love the deep decolletage, and the ribbon on the front (plus the lace - Im a sucker for lace). I found this dress in the "party outfit guide" on the Torrid site.

If a cuvy girl can look one-tenth as luscious in it as Christina does, she will be the envy of every skinny girl who lays eyes on her!
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006   #3
klara

I totally agree that Christina has got that little extra, some supermodel quality no doubt about it. The other girls may be cute but Christina is really talented, really classy. I hope she will hit it big with Wilhelmina.
klara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006   #4
Emily

Christina's supreme self-assurance (which I find so inspiring) and beauty absolutely emanate from that picture. And she struck just the right pose -- sexy but chic, just like the dress (and the model).

There is another, very practical reason why I enjoy seeing Christina model. Her more natural height gives me a far better idea of how something will look on me than if the item is displayed on other models, who are uncommonly tall. When I see dresses on other girls, I always think, "Okay, that's how it would look on me if I were half a foot taller." Not very helpful. But Christina's more normal height gives her lovely, natural plus proportions, and shows me how something might actually look on someone of my height.

I am delighted to see her turning up in pictures more often. I hope we see even more of her in the coming year.
Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006   #5
HSG
Administrator

In another exclusive from photographer Michael Anthony, here is a second and even more exciting variation on Christina in the party dress, shown earlier. The Torrid team outdid itself in this photo shoot, and we earnestly hope to see more in the future.

In this image, the expression is wild and dramatic, the pose is arresting, the dress is feminine yet contemporary, and the styling is youthful and fun--yielding a thrilling blend of effects.

This picture captures the very essence of the "Torrid generation"--the voluptuous vixens whom Christina represents to perfection.

(Hair and makeup by Ericka Ramirez, wardrobe by Briana Gonzales.)

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006   #6
Kaitlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieW
No one, except maybe Barbara, can model a dress the way Christina can, and this is a gorgeous style that suits her, and all curvy girls, perfectly. I especially love the deep decolletage, and the ribbon on the front (plus the lace - Im a sucker for lace). I found this dress in the "party outfit guide" on the Torrid site.

I agree completely. If the recipe for the New Femininity is "tradition + sexiness," this dress has both- as does the model, who is both a Classical beauty of the first order, and a very contemporary young lady. It's Christina's divine beauty that allows her to do such dramatic poses, and always look like a goddess.

Lace is always a nice touch. There was a little article about the beauty of lace at FWD the other day. I especially love the opening paragraph:

"Baroque painters depicted their subjects wearing lace to illustrate wealth and today, the allure of the fanciful openwork fabric continues to enrich even the most mundane of outfits."
The rest is here (although it suffers from mixed messages):

http://www.fashionwiredaily.com/fir...cle.weml?id=785

It comes with a slide show, and what's most remarkable is that none of the depicted celebrities even come close to looking as gorgeous in their lace dresses and gowns as Christina does in this Torrid cover. Having curves is essential!
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006   #7
M. Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
In this image, the expression is wild and dramatic, the pose is arresting, the dress is feminine yet contemporary, and the styling is youthful and fun--yielding a thrilling blend of effects.

This kneeling image is fantastic. The expression is hot - there's no othe word for it - and the dress has so much energy, and it fits her figure perfectly. I tried to find it on the Torrid site, but I don't think it's there yet.

I just love the self-assurance Christina displays in her picture. I find her work more inspirational than that of any other plus-size model, because while others are still tentatively testing the waters of size celebration, she has that total "You-KNOW-I'm-a-goddess!" sizzle in her work. She doesn't need any approval to prove it - she knows it intuitively. And no Victoria's Secret model can touch her for that either.

And I agree with Kaitlynn - the reason Christina wears this confidence is so well is because her heart-stopping beauty fully justifies it. She's taking plus-size fashion modelling to the next level.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006   #8
Chad

Both of these images are stunning, and either one could have been a poster for purchase by Christina's fans, or by aficionados of plus-size supermodels in general. I'd love to see Torrid do an editorial-type photo series with Christina someday, maybe in a gorgeous location of some kind.

Also, I'm going to float an idea that I believe came up during Christina's last major shoot for Torrid: the company should have taken this opportunity to make a behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot. Those are always fascinating to watch, whenever plus-size retailers feature them, and from what I've read on these forums, they're also popular because they offer a more three-dimensional look at the clothing being promoted.

Plus, as a TV star, Christina has many fans who would be thrilled to see her in live action again...
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote