Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2005: July - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2005   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default ''My body is a Masterpiece''

Although Addition-Elle may not have the most exciting casting of any company in the industry, it consistently devises advertising campaigns that are conceptually brilliant. And the Fall 2005 promotion is nothing less than a stroke of genius.

Addition-Elle has retained its wildly popular "Make a Statement" theme of the past several seasons (which encourages customers to create size-celebratory slogans, and to send them in to AE, in exchange for various rewards). But now, it has added a new wrinkle to this campaign--a theme based on the world of art.

In a post that appeared on our old forum, Melanie listed some of her favourite quotations from Addition-Elle's original "Make a Statement" promotion, and singled out as her favourite the saying:

"Curves are the body's natural art"

As Melanie pointed out, this assertion effectively underscores the fact that "a soft, voluptuous figure is a work of art created by mother nature. Who could ever want to change it?"

Well, it would seem that Addition-Elle concurs with Melanie, because in an inspired synthesis of the notions of "statement," and "art," AE has produced a campaign that is based on the splendid theme:

"My body is a Masterpiece"

Click to enlarge

Could any single sentence more perfectly express the notion that the plus-size female figure is the true ideal of beauty? This is not merely a phrase that encourages full-figured women to "accept" their curves, but to love them, to adore them, and to realize that they have inspired the greatest works of art in Western history.

Even more importantly, it will help discourage full-figured women from punishing themselves needlessly with diet-starvation and exercise-torture, because doing so would quite simply . . . ruin the masterpiece.

(And incidentally that lovely gold dress is a highly fitting frame for the masterpiece in question--one that effectively displays the work of art, in all of its natural glory.)

We offer a round of applause, nay, a standing ovation to Addition-Elle, for devising a campaign that intimates the very essence of timeless beauty.

- Addition-Elle.com

Last edited by HSG : 4th August 2005 at 20:01.
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2005   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: ''My body is a Masterpiece''

I think it's just about the most sensational slogan anyone could ever have come up with. To be fair, I think Addition-Elle owes the idea to Elena Miro, with the "Forever Beautiful" campaign that the company began a few seasons ago. I remember there was even an Elena Miro image with Barbara Brickner inside a picture frame. But still, the statement is a terrific addition.

I don't think there's a curvy vixen in the world who wouldn't love to have a man she finds attractive come up to her, with ardour in his eyes, and tell her, "Your body is......a masterpiece!"

It also suggests probably the most effective anti-weight-loss slogan anyone could ever dream of. To someone who is thinking about diminishing her beauty with starvation or gym torture, one could ask her to refrain from doing so by saying:

"Please- don't ruin the masterpiece!"
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote