The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2006: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd December 2006   #1
Kaitlynn

Default Christina: ''Sailor chic'' at Torrid

What an absolutely delightful new picture of Christina Schmidt! This is a really fun, youthful item. She looks so adorable in this picture! The tank top is curve-embracing, and the short sweatshirt over it is funky and unique.

This is another perfect example of "restort wear," of something to have on a vacation, to get away from the chilly weather. I like the relaxed hairstyle on Christina, and her own relaxed pose- perfectly evoking that "let's get away from it all" mood.

Last edited by HSG : 5th January 2007 at 12:09. Reason: Link removed
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006   #2
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: Christina: ''Sailor chic'' at Torrid

This two-item approach is superior to most "layering" because the tank top is so perfectly fitted, showing off the model's shapely figure in an attractive way, while the abbreviated sweater is a practical touch, offering just a little more warmth in a vacation environment, when the temperature might drop a little, in the evening. The open neckline also allows a coy glimpse of the wearer's neck and shoulder area. The item perfectly mixes practicality with a dash of sensuality.

As always, Christina strikes the perfect pose. Her demeanour is comfortable and easygoing, entirely in keeping with the outfit. This is is another extremely appealing image, from what is proving to be an exceptional shoot for this popular Wilhelmina starlet.

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2006   #3
M. Lopez

I generally prefer Christina's fuller hairstyles - LOVE them, in fact - but in this case, the relaxed hair (almost a "wet look") really suits the wardrobe, and the theme of the image.

Within a vacation/resort context, I can imagine this two-piece outfit as something one might slip on after a dip in the pool. So, if this were an editorial image, the story of the layout would be: Christina has just enjoyed a swim, toweled her hair, has tossed on this two-piece, and will now relax a little by the poolside (no doubt attracting many male admirers).

It's a lovely image, and the top is very attractive on Christina's shapely curves.
M. Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2006   #4
renata

Christina is always so beautiful, and everything fits soooo well on her. I don't know whether it's because she's just so naturally shapely, or because of the confident way she carrier herself, or both, but her pictures always make me feel better about being plus, and show me that I can wear all sorts of things I never thought I could.
renata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006   #5
MelanieW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Lopez
if this were an editorial image, the story of the layout would be: Christina has just enjoyed a swim, toweled her hair, has tossed on this two-piece, and will now relax a little by the poolside

What an imaginative scenario. This is one of the benefits of plussize fashion magazines - they can put clothing in a context, and create photoshoots with interesting narratives. This scenario also reminds fans that someday, some inspired retailer will be the first to enlist Christina to do a swimwear campaign, and when that happens, it will be the most exciting event in plussize fashion since Barbara Brickner created her legendary swimwear editorials for MODE magazine.
MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote