The Judgment of Paris Forum

Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2007: January - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd January 2007   #1
Kaitlynn

Default Kelsey, Alicia, Hayley- Torrid femininity

Where would we be without Torrid? Today brings new images of three very popular young models.

Kelsey Olson is in a "black lace bustier," which is her signature Torrid style- showing off the beauty of her neck and shoulders (an area that all voluptuous vixen can be proud of):

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=535701

Alicia, a model I adore for her visibly plus-size figure, is in the prettiest item of all- a vintage style top, ivory with floral details. What I especially like about it is that it's fitted at the waist, showing off the wearer's curvy shape. It's SO feminine, and sexy too, in a girlish way:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...204&ITEM=567465

It would be wonderful to see Alicia at Torrid more often, to show the public an example of a fuller-figured model who is really attractive. (I still think she would look even better with longer hair.)

And in the "Accessories" section, there's a new headshot of Hayley Hasselhoff, looks very sweet in a floral headband:

http://www.torrid.com/store/product...211&ITEM=534322

Torrid is at its best when it creates these feminine yet contemporary pieces, and showcases them on such lovely, curvy models.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007   #2
HSG
Administrator

Default Re: Kelsey, Alicia, Hayley- Torrid femininity

The top presented by Alicia is surely one of the more beautiful pieces that Torrid has ever designed, and it looks gorgeous on her opulent figure.

This image perfectly exemplifies harmony in timeless beauty, with the unabashed femininity of the garment complimenting the soft fullness of the model. Between the ornate detail in the garment, and the Alicia's rounded features, the overall look is at once delicate, yet robust. It gently but snugly embraces her figure, creating a highly sensual effect, while the elegance of the design keeps it very chic.

The image shows, yet again, why plus-size beauty is best served not by harsh, angular, modern styles, but by designs that embody the New Femininity--guided by an Old World aesthetic sensibility, but adding a dash of present-day allure.

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007   #3
MelanieW

Default Re: Kelsey, Alicia, Hayley- Torrid femininity

Its great to see Kelsey on the Torrid cover again today:

I always liked that outfit, and I noticed that Torrid put the original photo that showed it back on the Community landing page. Whats great about the cover version, though, is that it shows that Kelsey has shapely legs! Even in high boots, her limbs look curvy and substantial, not stick thin. I could do without the hat, but I always thought this was a great look - cute and sexy, and very curve-appreciative.

MelanieW is offline   Reply With Quote