Go Back   The Judgment of Paris Forum > 2005-2012 > 2005: July - December
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th August 2005   #1
HSG
Administrator

Default Charlotte Coyle on ITV's "This Morning"

Perhaps because the country still possesses a monarchy (at least in a ceremonial sense), the British certainly do know how to treat a princess.

Alana Hearne, a well-known Australian model who is signed with Hughes in London, has just informed us that last Friday, she appeared on a British daily TV program called This Morning (which is the British equivalent of shows like Good Morning America or Today in the U.S.), with . . . Charlotte Coyle.

Alana writes:
"I had the pleasure of shooting a national TV show with none other than the gorgeous Miss Charlotte Coyle. They interviewed her about her success in New York and asked her what she thought of the market over here and she gave them what for, told them the market is a lot bigger in New York and it's a lot easier for her to get work there. She is an absolute delight to work with and to talk to."
There is a page about Charlotte at the Web site of the British network which produces this program, but because the page was created in advance of the broadcast, it doesn't offer a transcript of the interview, or video stills. The content is virtually identical to the recent Daily Mirror profile about Charlotte.

It's such a thrill to learn that Miss Coyle is attracting so much attention in the U.K. (Rumours of a romance with Prince William have not been confirmed.) We eagerly hope that she helps England rediscover the true nature of feminine beauty, as it was once described with so much admiration (and apprehension) by the nation's greatest writers, including Byron, Bronte, and Dickens.

One of Charlotte's most beloved Torrid images, the "Victory of Curves":

- Charlotte's page at itv-thismorning.co.uk

HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2005   #2
Kaitlynn

Default Re: Charlotte Coyle on ITV's "This Morning"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSG
"They interviewed her about her success in New York and asked her what she thought of the market over here and she gave them what for, told them the market is a lot bigger in New York and it's a lot easier for her to get work there"

I was so happy to read this! I would love to see this interview. It sounds wonderful for two reasons especially: First, because it sounds like Charlotte finally really has the confidence in her own beauty that she always deserved to have. I think any woman who really believes that she is gorgeous is mostly safe from eating disorders, because no one can make her think she should change herself. And second, because we need someone like Charlotte really standing up for us- someone who is very curvy, very beautiful, and can confront the prejudices that are out there, and disprove them.

I bet anyone who saw the interview and wasn't convinced that "plus-size = sexy" before the show had their minds totally changed, both by Charlotte's appearance, and by her pride in herself.
Kaitlynn is offline   Reply With Quote