Re: Figure magazine

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on April 24, 2004 at 00:22:22:

In Reply to: Figure magazine: another . . . triumph? posted by HSG on April 23, 2004 at 07:44:19:

This cover really is something to get excited about, and Im not surprised that people are loving it so much. I sure do. Its one thing to put a truly plussize model on the cover of a magazine, but to use one who is so very beautiful - THIS how you get people to snap out of a lifetime of brainwashing telling them that skinny = pretty.

Ive been rooting for Megan (Meghan?) ever since I saw her first Fashion Bug pics here more than a year ago. I remember being so thrilled to see a size eighteen model doing a big campaign, and hoping it wouldnt be just a one-time thing. Im happy that it wasnt. I hope she keeps breaking barriers.

One thing I really enjoyed in the article about Megan was when she said -

"I never felt insecure or tried to diet, even though my boyfriend actually weight less than I did. His affection confirmed my feelings of attractiveness".

BRAVO. I think the myth that women have to weigh less than their boyfriends is totally ridiculous, and I think men AND women are starting to realize this. Megan and her husband look so natural and "right" together, on the cover.

Valerie looks amazing too - its some of the most exciting posing she has ever done. All in all though, I dont think Figure is visually as good as Mode in its best days - not yet. But I agree - it is getting better every issue, and the production values are obviously rising.

As for the overall message of the magazine, thats another matter........but its all been said before.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.