Re: The three stages of body love

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on March 09, 2005 at 05:19:47:

In Reply to: Re: The three stages of body love posted by Emily on March 09, 2005 at 02:20:22:

I think for many people, the move to size celebration seems like a huge leap, and just as scary in its own way as diving into the deep end of a pool when you are just learning to swim.

But once you make the leap, you look back and think, what was I so afraid of?

I also think its actually tougher for the professionals who run the plussize industry to make the leap than for most of their customers, only they dont realize this. Those professionals, whether they are plussize themselves or not, probably have had a lot more intensive exposure to fashion magazines and the media in general that most full figured women. To those professionals, it seems impossible to break the "skinny is better" mentality because they are surrounded by it 24/7.

But a lot of plussize women are only partially influenced by the media, and are still influenced at least as much by their family, and if they have an ethnic background, by their cultural community.

I think the public is MORE ready for size celebration than the industry realizes.

Oh, I found a new pic of Anna from Irene Marie in the new Kohls ad, on the left. We dont see a lot of Anna, but I know she has a lot of fans, so it was nice to see a new image of her -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.