Re: ''To curfivy'' (v.)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on March 26, 2005 at 07:59:38:

In Reply to: ''To curfivy'' (v.) posted by HSG on March 25, 2005 at 16:34:42:

I remember seeing a TV program a few years ago in which Christine Alt described how much richer her life became once she stopped starving herself trying to be a straight-size model, and embraced her fuller figure as a plus-size model. She talked about how irritable she had been while denying herself, and how bony and unattractive she had looked, and then, how much happier and ebullient she became when she allowed herself to eat whatever she wanted, and how she suddenly developed a figure, and started getting all kinds of male attention.

Kate Dillon and Crystal Renn have described similar experiences. In each of their cases, "cuvifying" was the best thing they ever did for themselves.

I am sure that they could have benefitted from a publication that encouraged them in this, instead of magazines telling them to keep starving, and to try to LOOK like you are starving - as if this is a good thing.

This is another case where the plussize industry is on the defensive, but for no reason, but it is on the side of right, while the accusers are actually the ones doing the harm.

And you know, I kind of like the word "curvify". It makes me think of a sequence of events, something like -

Cuvify - Revivify - Gratify - Amplify - Mystify....

BEAUTIFY

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.