Re: Bacall: modern stars ''too anorexic-looking''

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on April 05, 2005 at 18:50:28:

In Reply to: Bacall: modern stars ''too anorexic-looking'' posted by Melanie W. on April 05, 2005 at 06:19:08:

To hear Lauren Bacall come out and say that today's stars are "not very womanly" is so refreshing. I think many people acknowledge this, even within the film industry, but are afraid of coming out and saying so. The time for truly attractive, full-figured *ingenue* actresses (not comic-relief parodies) has come. Wise words from a screen icon.

But I have to say, Christina Schmidt is more attractive than Lauren Bacall ever was, even with the benefit of glamorous 1940s Hollywood lighting. It is truly astonishing, considering her youth. I love her new photos -- now that we can see the full-size versions, and not just the thumbnails. :-)

If I have any reservation at all, it is that the wardrobe is still a little plain, compared with the smouldering appearance of the actress. The pictures showing her standing beside the closet door remind me of a young Elizabeth Taylor, especially that look in her eyes. Christina models the clothes beautifully, and the dress is interesting, but I would love to see her do a test in the more ultra-feminine style that is so popular right now, lavish accessories and all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.