Re: Beauty, envy, and "the material world"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on April 27, 2005 at 18:41:21:

In Reply to: Re: Beauty, envy, and posted by Julie on April 27, 2005 at 16:21:12:

I was just thinking the same thing. Her face is so gorgeous, and with the long, flowing blonde hair, I always thought of her as the epitome of the plussize model.

Thinking about the article Emily last posted, that Fashion Bug ad also shows just how far the industry has come from 2001. The outfit is so conservative, totally unworthy of the model. If only Torrid had been around back then - or, if only Shannon Marie were modeling for Torrid today. There is a "curvaceous, off-the-shoulder dress" on the cover of Torrid right now that would have suited Shannon Maries soft beauty perfectly.

I also like the ad on the "Modelling with Shannon Marie" page (because of the model, not the clothing). She has such a radiant complexion. People associate that "rosy glow" with pregnancy, but really I think it has more to do with simpy NOT starving yourself. Her beautiful flush reminds me of the way the models looked in those images from the late 1800s in the "Shaping the World Around Us" post.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.