Sexy Girl (TV show)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on April 29, 2005 at 08:34:12:

I dont know if anybody gets it in the U.S., but here in Canada theres a great program about fashion and styling called "Sexy Girl". Its a fashion-makeover show, taking ordinary women who are harried by life or careers or whatever, and putting them in the hands of a styling, who creates a whole new look for them.

I love it, because its "sexy", but in a very pretty way - "sexy" as in, young and ultra-feminine. Lots of colour, esp pink, big juicy couture accessories, more daring necklines, and all that. Every woman who gets the treatment ends up looking ten years younger (no plastic surgery required - just great clothes and hairstyles).

I have a link to the shows website, but its basically useless. The photos of the candidates are just headshots - bad ones - and dont show the outfits at all. Youve got to SEE the show to get the idea. On the other hand there are a few good fashion tips, like -

"Flat hair is out. Long, healthy, bouncy curly hair is in. Body is a defining word for this throwback style".

I also wanted to post about it because one episode had one of the ladies wearing the leg ribbons that HSG talked about in the prom thread. But Im not sure if they are actually ribbons, or just part of the shoes, like longer straps. Whatever they were, they looked cool. Torrid has a pair of shoes with longer straps which achieve the same effect -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.