International Anti-Diet Day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on April 30, 2005 at 21:50:09:

May 6th is the annual International No Diet Day, but I rather think it should be called "Anti-Diet Day," to really get across the idea of rejecting dieting altogether.

With that idea in mind, I just found a yummy story that I had to share with the forum. The link is below. The article includes the line:

"you feel good in every sense, all the senses have been satisfied. It's such a rejection of the idea of dieting, to dive into chocolate."

Unfortunately, the article is not quite encouraging everyone to "dive into chocolate" in the most radical sense. (If only it were!) Actually, it's about a French spa which offers chocolate massages and facial treatments, and things like that.

But it still insists that the procedures have an "anti diet" theme. And to reinforce the point, the treatment "comes complete with a bowl of chocolate sweets beside the massage table."

It's just nice to see such a delightful message in the media, and I hope it indicates a growing sense that people are sick of anti-food and anti-size propaganda, and are throwing away that kind of negativity in favor of something more positive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.