''I now think that women should have curves''

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HSG on May 17, 2005 at 03:37:05:

In Reply to: Re: ''A carefully-watched media monster'' posted by Melanie W. on May 17, 2005 at 02:46:47:

Time may prove you right--and we may immediately have to do a volte face on this issue.

The following brand-new, hot-off-the-press article is so positive, so utterly progrssive, that it sounds like it was written in an alternative reality in which the timeless ideal of full-figured feminine beauty still held sway.

But no, this article is the real thing--every word. Not a single phrase or comma has been edited or altered from the original copy (which can be viewed at the link at the bottom of this post), although we have added emphasis to certain astonishing phrases.

You will not believe your eyes.

MARCIL POSES FOR MAXIM AFTER YEARS OF RESISTING

Former BEVERLY HILLS 90210 star VANESSA MARCIL has stripped down for a racy magazine cover - to show off her weight increase since becoming a mother.

The sexy actress had resisted numerous offers to show off her body in the pages of various magazines over the years, but after embracing her new fuller figure she decided to accept an invitation to grace the cover of MAXIM's June (05) edition.

She says, "For the last 10 years, basically, I would never do a bathing suit scene, I would never wear lingerie on the any of the shows I've ever been on. I would never do magazines like (Maxim), I've turned down PLAYBOY a bunch of times.

"And then I had my son KASSIUS three years ago, and I stopped working out, I stopped eating perfect... and I just kind of wanted to focus on being a good mom and other things in my life.

"I gained 15 pounds and I got kinda curvy and I just felt like it was nice to be comfortable with my body and it felt liberating to take my clothes off because I wasn't obsessed with trying to look perfect. I now think that women should have curves. I think that curves are hot."

This message is simply extraordinary, in so many ways.

First of all, the idea that an actress would actually disrobe precisely in order to "show off her weight increase" is a complete revaluation of aesthetic values, all in one single sentence.

Second, the fact that she was embarrassed about her figure before she augmented her dress size, and that it was precisely her figure-enhancement that made her "comfortable with her body," is an utterly glorious sentiment.

Third, her statement that she achieved this improvement in her appearance when she "stopped working out," and when she "stopped eating perfect" is the most liberating and groundbreaking assertion of all.

In this article, we see a pure and true expression of size celebration (not mere tolerance, or acceptance, but celebration)--an unapologetic and thoroughgoing preference for the softer, fuller female figure.

If we have a single quibble, it is with the actress's use of the word "perfect." Who is to say that a delectable dessert is not more "perfect" than a salad? And ironically, when she stopped "trying to look perfect," she actually moved a step closer towards achieving Classical perfection in her appearance.

"I now think that women should have curves. I think that curves are hot." Did you ever expect to hear there words from a Hollywood celebrity, let alone one who actually experienced this aesthetic conversion via her own example?

Mind you, fifteen pounds is still a paltry amount, and will probably only take the actress from "starving," to "slim." But nevertheless, the sentiments that she has expressed are all but ideal.

And if this article is in fact the brainchild of some clever publicist, then we encourage anyone and everyone to hire this publicist, and to let them guide the careers of every single female celebrity in Hollywood. She could be size celebration's "fifth column," and bring some timeless beauty to an industry that has, until now, worshipped the synthetic and the artificial.

Nisha (JETalent, San Francisco; size 14)--lovely test image in an attractive setting--but not from Maxim magazine.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.