Re: ''I now think that women should have curves''

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on May 17, 2005 at 16:28:12:

In Reply to: ''I now think that women should have curves'' posted by HSG on May 17, 2005 at 03:37:05:

I don't really have any opinions about magazines like Maxim, but that really is an extraordinary statement on the part of the actress -- although it does sound like an almost negligible figure change. Still, I can't think of any film or television actress who wouldn't look better with at least a small improvement in curves.

Also, I hope this might suggest a way for actresses to generate positive (indeed, size-positive) rather than negative publicity. Hollywood is so negative right now, that a positive message is far more radical than yet another burnout.

It used to be the case that a "fall from grace" for an actress was news. But now, almost everyone has fallen from grace, so *having* grace, or being healthy and curvy, has become even more newsworthy.

Bravo to Vanessa Marcil (who I'd never even heard of before) for making such an affirmative life change, and for being vocal about it. I hope others follow her example.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.