Appetizing curves -- Old Navy & elsewhere

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on May 20, 2005 at 23:01:25:

In Reply to: ''Curves are more appetizing'' posted by HSG on May 20, 2005 at 04:28:02:

I mentioned this the first time the "choco-therapy" ad was posted, and I repeat myself with this new image -- I think these promotions are pure genius, and as positive as any ads could possibly be. This approach cultivates a very affirmative mindset, and encourages women to stop thinking of food as a stigma, or even as a "guilty" pleasure, but just as a pleasure -- period -- and as wonderful a part of life as beautiful clothes, or a joyful song, or any other aspect of "la dolce vita" (the sweet life).

Not to change the topic, but it seems to me that even though there isn't a perfect magazine for women of size at the moment, the promotions are definitely getting better. I was always disappointed with Old Navy, for example, because while some of its clothing is fun and youthful, its ads always seemed to be very conservative. This was especially surprising since the model they chose, Ivana, is very curvy.

But on the Women's Plus landing page today, I noticed a new image in a more fashion-forward outfit than what Old Navy has presented up to now. It's fitted, and thank heavens, for once Old Navy shows off a skirt instead of pants. Very appetizing -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.