''Young girls are brainwashed''

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 22, 2005 at 17:22:51:

There is a new interview with Charlotte Church at The Guardian. Most of it isnt interesting, but one section is definitely worth quoting -

"Church thinks it's horrible how young girls are brainwashed into thinking only super-skinny is acceptable. 'So....at least in one way I can be a good influence on young girls. I can say: you can be fuller figured and still be happy and have a nice fella on the go.' She glances over. 'I'm only saying that because young girls do look at it that way. I do think it's dreadful what's happening.' Finally, you think, a young female artist who isn't furthering the cause for food disorders."

Bravo! It is great to see her making this statement, and I hope that she means it. The only sad part is, Charlotte Church is still very slim. I wish there were someone with her age and celebrity, but actually plus, who was making statements like these. It might help undo the media brainwashing that she recognizes.

But I applaud her for making this statement, and I hope she never anorex-ercizes herself into a ghastly waif.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.