Customers say: LB models too skinny

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 25, 2005 at 21:20:03:

In Reply to: Page from a magazine of the future posted by HSG on May 25, 2005 at 17:40:01:

It would be wonderful to see a complete change of thinking like this take over the fashion industry. And I could totally see it happen because, as the introduction to those Galliano designs stated, fuller figures really are more attractive than thinner ones.

I think the plussize industry could be doing even more to make it happen, though. It is always in danger of slipping back into the "fake plus" look, which no one likes (except some New York ad executives, I bet).

There was an article on the web a few days ago called "Fashion industry sees plus side of plus sizes". Not as positive as it sounds, but it had this important quote -

"Julie Krause, store manager for the Lane Bryant in Hayward, says customers complain that models featured on the store signs are too skinny.

"Some of the customers said there should be a more accurate representation of the people who buy plus-size clothing."

I dont think Lane Bryant realizes how much loyalty companies like Torrid inspire, just by having true plussize models showing off their clothing. For once and for all, I really wish they would understand that beauty comes in sizes larger than a 14, and would show that in the advertising. Otherwise, they are still holding back progress.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.