''The body of dreams''

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on May 27, 2005 at 00:25:22:

In Reply to: Plus-size beauty is *rare* posted by HSG on May 26, 2005 at 17:44:30:

I think the plus-size industry often holds itself back by adopting a "lifestyle" approach in its promotions, instead of an intensely glamorous look. There is no reason why plus-size models shouldn't project as much sophistication and allure as straight-size models, especially since more and more full-figured women see themselves that way -- as goddesses, as vixens, rather than as the "sidekick" or the "best friend."

I am overwhelmed by that image of Barbara. She has a way of presenting lingerie that is very effective. The sensuality is intense, but somehow, she manages to make the image chic as well. It is something in her demeanour, something in her expression -- a kind of elegant bearing that adds to the sexiness a touch of class. And honestly, it is so wonderful to see lingerie presented on a model who actually possesses a fuller, classical figure -- "the body of dreams," without a doubt.

If the industry discovers more models such as Barbara or Shannon Marie or Charlotte Coyle, I can see a future in which the world's eight most famous fashion supermodels would be *plus-size* supermodels. They will "define and delineate the body aesthetics of our time" in the very near future.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.