Re: Plus-size models on . . . video

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 27, 2005 at 20:24:02:

In Reply to: Plus-size models on . . . video posted by HSG on May 27, 2005 at 04:57:10:

What a shame that the two greatest examples of plussize models on video are no longer available - the Kate Dillon Just My Size ad from 1997, at the time that Mode was launched, and the behind the scenes video of Barbara Brickner shooting the Elena Miro calendar for 2001. Kate looked more like a living angel in that video than anyone else ever has. She was truly plus then, and more gorgeous than at any other time. And not even the greatest of Barbaras images has captured her beauty the way that video did. Even the way Barbara moves is gorgeous.

I loved watching these clips, and was thrilled to see how confident Crystal appears to be. I think more and more young girls today can identify with that kind of self-assurance, and I hope seeing how she presents herself inspires more girls her age to think of themselves as vixens, not victims.

The videos are also great because they allow a model to bypass an unflattering test or bad shooting experience, and show herself how she really is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.