Re: The one (and only) Lane Bryant catalog

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on June 06, 2005 at 05:30:07:

In Reply to: The one (and only) Lane Bryant catalog posted by HSG on June 04, 2005 at 06:54:04:

I was one of the thousands of people who voted for Holie, and I did so both because she was so obviously the most attractive of the contestants, and because she was the most genuinely curvaceous. I really hope Hollie decides to take up modeling some day. She is exactly the kind of model the industry needs - someone who looks like a Victorias Secret model, but who is above a size 14. There are a lot of girls who fit that description - but who represents us?

At the same time, I totally adored the last Lane Bryant spring campaign, which looked just like a bridal shoot in setting and photography, except with casual clothing instead of bridal wear. Every picture was a little work of art, and if Lane Bryant had made a catalog out of it, it would have been something to keep forever, like my old issues of Mode.

I hope LB will bring these two ideas together when it finally does publish its catalogue - true plussize models, and a gorgeous aesthetic.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.