REAL men love women with curves

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on June 10, 2005 at 22:26:54:

In Reply to: Re: Why men love women with curves posted by HSG on June 05, 2005 at 21:37:31:

Such an interesting topic. This site is very much about rediscovering long-suppressed femininity, and I've often wondered, what would a male/masculine equivalent of this journey be like?

I found an encouraging article that gives some indication, and it also suggests that the process might already be happening.

Some highlights:

"There's a revival in romance as these young people seek to discover and celebrate the core differences between men and women. And it makes me think that perhaps 40 years of insistence that the two sexes are exactly the same has finally run its course."

"Deep in the soul of every man is a thirst for adventure, a longing to be heroic. Our culture...tries to tame the man, to feminize him, to settle him down. The result stirs no one's soul."

"we should forget forcing our sons to become simply Really Nice Guys--let men be men, warriors fit for battle, men of adventure and courage...a way to recognize and channel the essence of maleness by encouraging a thirst for adventure, a calling to the heroic, a mission to protect and provide."

The article also refers to femininty, but only briefly, and I've think we've talked more in depth about femininity on this forum. Still, I'm glad it mentions beauty as an aspect of a feminine revival:

"three core desires of a woman: to be romanced, to play a vital role in a great adventure, and to reveal beauty (whether internal or external). "

What the writer says about the rising generation is very hopeful. I'd like to believe there is truth to this:

"Young adults today, left adrift by a culture that has decreed masculinity dysfunctional and femininity out of date, are seeking answers to some very fundamental questions. Who are we? Why do we feel the way we do? What does it mean to be a man? A woman? And how can we live together in a way that affirms both?"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.