Re: Time to come out of your shell

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on June 13, 2005 at 05:53:57:

In Reply to: Re: Time to come out of your shell posted by M. Lopez on June 11, 2005 at 07:12:52:

I dont think people have yet realized just how significant this change really is. To go from a "skin-hiding" philosophy to a "skin-baring" philosophy represents a total turnaround in thinking about the fuller female figure. It is a journey from "Who wants to see that?" to "Nothing could be more beautiful", and this journey has happened within a few short years. I think plussize beauty is well on its way to being recognized and appreciated.

I agree about seeing clothing on models, by the way. Thats why I follow Nordstrom - like Torrid, it has clear, full size images, and true plussize models (mostly). I still think the clothing could be fresher, but at least there have been some more youthful styles on the site recently.

This piece sort-of qualifies as a "skin-baring" style, and although I dont like the color (I hate paisley patterns), Barbara makes everything look gorgeous. I love her expression here, which is passionate and romantic -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.