Christina vs. the starving actress

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on June 30, 2005 at 20:13:39:

In Reply to: Christina Schmidt: Degrassi Season Two posted by HSG on June 29, 2005 at 18:27:02:

I pre-ordered a copy of this DVD set and have watched every minute of it. There is also a cute scene of Christina auditioning for a singing part, and many deleted scenes with Terri that, I think, should have remained in the episodes. She is beautiful, and a brilliant actress.

What always impresses me is how healthy and vibrant Christina looks, especially compared to the typical Hollywood actresses her age. They arent nearly as pretty to begin with, and they ruin what looks they have by starving themselves, and end up looking like death warmed over.

I read in the newspaper today about a website called "FeedLindsay.com". Its gotten coverage in US Weekly, and on Fox. Its holding a petition to get Lindsay Lohan to stop starving, and get back her curves. But the best part is, the cover page shows an image of a fuller Lindsay, titled "Hot", and an emaciated Lindsay, titled "Not"!

I dont really like Lindsay Lohan (Hilary Duff always seemed prettier and a LOT more appealing as a person), but at least it shows how the public is reacting against the Hollywood standard.

But still, I wish the media would give less publicity to anorexic stars, good or bad, and instead pay tribute to actresses like Christina, who are naturally curvy and beautiful, have NOT conformed to the unhealthy and artificial Hollywood look.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.