Gaining weight for a part

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 23, 2004 at 22:33:30:

In Reply to: posted by HSG on May 23, 2004 at 02:21:49:

I loved the movie. And believe it or not I did think of that statue at some point, because it was on the forum a long time ago, but I didnt remember what it was called or anything.

I wonder if people who see "The Judgment of Paris" as the title of this site will now think of it as "The Judgment of Orlando Bloom". :-) At least theyll know it doesnt have anything to do with France.....

When it comes to gaining weight for a part, I read something in the May issue of British Glamour magazine that was kind of interesting. Even though Im really disillusioned with magazines after "Spin Sisters", this was the magazines "body issue", so I was curious. There was an article in it about a British model/TV personality called Kelly Brook, who has gained a little weight and is now one of those almost-curvy stars like JLo or Beyonce. She told the interviewer that if anyone asked her to lose weight for a Hollywood part, she would tell them, "Up Yours!" And she also added this -

"Now, as for gaining weight for a part..." she says excitedly, "Id love work to give me the excuse to gain 30lbs. I love fattening foods. Cheese, meat, red wine, foie gras, anything rich and heavy. In fact, I could eat a foie gras starter, a steak and chocolate dessert and not think anything of it"

Kellys fashion layout is really nice by the way. Lots of delicate, feminine dresses. She says in the article - "I loved the clothes on the Glamour shoot. Theyre flirty, girlie, romantic; a lot softer and more innocent". And they show off her curves really beautifully.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.