Re: "Size 18"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on August 03, 2004 at 00:50:13:

In Reply to: posted by on August 02, 2004 at 16:35:54:

Although I am very happy that things are starting to open up for size 18 models, I am still angry that there was ever a stigma about it in the first place. Since size 14 is the average size for women, a size 18 is as just close to average as a size 10 is. Why was there a problem about it in the first place?

I also have to say that since this is a breakthrough category, I think QUALITY is really important here. In other words I think size 18 models have to be even MORE talented, MORE beautiful than smaller models, because the prejudice is that much greater. They have to change more peoples minds, and only the very best models can do that.

I have always been a Megan Garcia fan, and I can completely understand how she could be the breakthrough model. Shes gorgeous. Cathy Bole - I dont know. Im still waiting for a really good image of her. I still think that if a test audience sees a picture of her beside a size 10 model, they might choose the size 10, just because shes prettier. But with Megan, or with another really stunning size 18, they would go with the bigger girl. And thats what you need - someone who can open up peoples minds that way.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.