Re: The fall "Figure"--Valerie, Megan, and NO DIET ADS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on August 06, 2004 at 12:54:40:

In Reply to: The fall posted by on August 04, 2004 at 13:09:46:

I think the decision to drop the diet ads reflects very well on both Charming Shoppes and on Figure. I was always really angry at the magazine for resorting to this kind of advertising, but Im just as impressed with them, now that theyve stopped. I respect them for it.

I think the people who should feel most proud of this are all the customers and readers who cared enough to write to Charming or to Figure and told them to please stop doing this - as well as Figure for listening. It doesnt happen very often that a company listens to the public. But it happened here.

Those pictures are too pretty for words! If Valerie is the personification of spring, fresh and beautiful, Megan fits as the personification of autumn, rich and abundant. To round out the seasons, I would say Barbara Brickner for summer, and Melissa M. for winter.

If you think about it, Figure has done a lot of good for plussize beauty, especially with the last few issues. And the articles sound more interesting than the ones in past issues. Social anxiety has not gotten a lot of coverage, so Im glad to see Figure touch on it.

Now that there are no diet as, I can see getting a subscription. I just hope with all my heart that this change is permanent.

Thank you, Figure, for listening.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.