Re: The fall "Figure"--Valerie, Megan, and NO DIET ADS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by renata on August 10, 2004 at 03:59:44:

In Reply to: The fall "Figure"--Valerie, Megan, and NO DIET ADS posted by HSG on August 04, 2004 at 13:09:46:

I was so happy when I read here that Figure had stopped running diet ads. I got a copy today. was buying the magazine anyway because I'll buy any magazine with Valerie in it (she's my inspiration). But now I feel like I can really enjoy it.

I did a project about size and the media in February. I wanted to use Figure as an example of positive change. But the mix of messages in the magazine meant I couldn't. I just showed the class the cover of the magazine and nothing else. Now I feel like I can leave it lying around so people "accidentally" discover it. ;-)

I loved the stories in this issue. And besides the pictures you posted I also liked a two page picture of Valerie sitting in front of a green lawn. It looked so serene and elegant.

But the most inspiring thing in this issue for me was a letter in the letters page. The writer said how she felt when she saw Megan's cover for the first time. That was exactly how I felt too! I'm glad other people reacted to it the same way I did.

Thank you Figure for choosing positivity instead of negativity.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.