Re: Hollie Lawing--22,000 voters can't be wrong . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chad on September 03, 2004 at 15:56:38:

In Reply to: Hollie Lawing--22,000 voters can't be wrong . . . posted by HSG on September 03, 2004 at 02:59:04:

*Gasp* Hollie looks even more gorgeous in that candid shot than she did in the Lane Bryant photos. The fact that she received the most votes is the least surpring thing in the world.

When I look at that image, I get an even stronger impression of something that occurred to me when I first saw the Lane Bryant press photo. And that is this - more than any other plus-size model I've ever seen, Hollie has that exotic kind of "look" that you see in models for Victoria's Secret shows, in Guess ads., etc. The all-important difference, though, is that while those models are all underweight stick figures, Hollie is a real woman.

I think models like Hollie and Melissa M. (as we see in those jaw-dropping new Kiyonna photos) represent something very threatening to the media. And that is that a whole generation of plus-size girls is growing up totally confident about themselves, knowing that they are absolutely gorgeous at their normal size.

The more the public sees images of beauty like this, the more things will change. The genie is out of the bottle, and no one will be able to brainwash full-figured women into feeling a false sense of shame, ever again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.