We need *better* celebrities

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on September 08, 2004 at 05:08:47:

In Reply to: Re: The celebrity fallacy posted by Chad on September 07, 2004 at 17:23:47:

I think part of the problem here is not just celebrities in general, but the fact that there really arent any big-name curvaceous goddesses in the media. Not yet anyway. Kirsties show sounds like it will be a satire, and I dont think it will present her in a very glamorous way. Being associated with this show probably wont do much good for Lane Bryants image, I think. Lane Bryant has done a pretty good job of shedding its old "frumpy" image, and this could be a bit of a throwback to that old stereotype.

Now, if there really WAS a size 16 Britney Spears (remember Gabrielles post, about seeing a plussize Britney lookalike at a mall?), or size 16 Hilary Duff, or size 16 Catherinze Zeta-Jones, THAT would be a celebrity who could really give a plussize clothing chain an image boost.

I think Mia Tyler is a great fit for Torrid, especially since she is both a model AND a celebrity. But they havent really used her enough - not yet anyway.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.