"Proud, strong, sexy, and alive"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on September 19, 2004 at 23:32:09:

I found an article about plussize fashion that I really want to share. The link is at the bottom.

The article is mostly positive, with only a few question marks. But its such a relief from most media stories. No "epidemics", prejudice, or fear mongering, thank god.

Its about how curvy fashion is cooler now than it used to be. There are some great lines from a plussize store manager -

"The clothes that fly off the racks are the ones that make women feel proud, strong, sexy and alive."

"A stroll through almost any clothing store will bear this out. If a style has caught fire with the mainstream buying public, you can expect to see it sizzle on a size 20 as well as a size 2."

"We have girls come in with their skinny friends all the time," said Lane Bryant Assistant Store Manager Kelly Martino. "And the skinny ones are always saying 'Oh, I wish I could fit into that.'"

I like how she said "size 20" and not just "size 12". And how great is it for plussize girls to be the envy of their friends for having great fashions!

The article also has a little story about a girl who tried on something sexy for the first time, and loved the reaction she got -

"It was, perhaps, the first time that Borgatti had experienced clothes as a tool for accentuating her natural beauty. It would not be the last time.

"Borgatti still has the yellow shirt. She's also got some bell-bottoms, some cleavage-baring jerseys, and even a miniskirt"

There are a few things in the story I dont like, but mostly, I think it delivers a positive message.

A "proud, strong, sexy and alive" Torrid model -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.