Re: Figure magazine: Still a worm in the apple . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chad on October 07, 2004 at 17:29:22:

In Reply to: Figure magazine: Still a worm in the apple . . . posted by HSG on October 06, 2004 at 18:38:05:

Wow! That shot is too cute for words. Megan and Valerie twice in the same issue? That's all I needed to know. It's time to start annoying my local bookstore with calls asking, "Is the new Figure in yet?" "Is the new Figure in yet?" I can't wait to see it.

That really is a shame about the weight loss ads, but I still think we should remember how lucky we are that this magazine (a) exists at all, and (b) uses TRUE plus-size models, and not the faux-plus variety. And it sounds like Figure is still growing, still developing, pefecting itself. It seems to be a lot more receptive to public feedback than any magazine before it, so I'll take the idealist position this time, and count on Figure slowly eliminating the last traces of "bad" and keeping the "good" - and getting even better, quality-wise.

BTW, I think if Michel Arnaud was "the eyes of Mode", then Roberto Ligresti must be considered "the eyes of Figure". I'm glad the magazine keeps using his talents, because the results speak for themselves.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.