Re: Figure magazine: Still a worm in the apple . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by M. Lopez on October 08, 2004 at 22:34:17:

In Reply to: Figure magazine: Still a worm in the apple . . . posted by HSG on October 06, 2004 at 18:38:05:

I finally got a copy of the new issue today, and I loved it. BUT (what a shame there has to be a "but") I found the weight-loss ad really annoying and SO unnecessary . There are so many better things Figure could be promoting. For example, I think the magazine always has good tips about skin care, and the models in the layouts always have interesting makeup, so I'm surprised there aren't more cosmetics ads. That wouldn't conflict with Charming Shoppes' clothing, and besides, it's about time we saw plus-size models promoting other things besides fashion.

In addition to the two editorials you mentioned (which were also my favorites) I also enjoyed the article about interior design. The Birmingham home felt cozy and inviting- like everyone's idealized memory of "home". You could feel the warmth of the space.

And Valerie's versatility never fails to amaze me. How she goes from elegant, to casual, to "fun", is nothing short of amazing.

I still wish the clothes in all the layouts were more exciting. I seldom get the feeling that I NEED to rush out and get something in the mag. But maybe that's because most fall fashion isn't that interesting. Spring/Summer was better this year.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.