Re: Figure magazine: Still a worm in the apple . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on October 11, 2004 at 16:34:10:

In Reply to: Figure magazine: Still a worm in the apple . . . posted by HSG on October 06, 2004 at 18:38:05:

I dont even know what to say about this anymore. I guess Figure is what it is, and always will be. I love it for its size policy, and would support it on that basis alone. I also love the fact that it showcases plussize beauty, and not just ugly "reality". Its awfully nice to see a lively layout like "Pink and Brown", and I hope this means that Figure will NOT turn into a Catherines magazine, but will keep younger readers in mind. Its not just baby boomers who buy plussize fashion!

But weight loss ads in a magazine for full figured women are an obscenity. A part of me wants to promote Figure, and donate a subscription to my library, and leave it on the counter in my dentists office, and all the things people used to do for Mode. But another part of me is still too frustated with it, and I dont yet trust that it wont return to printing big, offensive, full page diet ads again.

I love it for what it does right, but I really want it to be better. Seriously, Figure - please help us love you........

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.