Speaking of Torrid............

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chad on November 01, 2004 at 18:29:32:

In Reply to: Melissa with straight hair (at Torrid) posted by Melanie W. on November 01, 2004 at 04:45:44:

I've linked another new article about junior plus-size fashion. Torrid is getting better with its press coverage, I think, with less "scare stats" or "epidemic" talk, and more of the good stuff. There are still a few statements that are unfortunate (any time there's talk of "negatives", it's sending the wrong message), but overall, it's pretty positive.

Most interesting points -

"TRU projects consumers aged 12-19 will stimulate the economy to the tune of $169 billion this year.

"'A lot of that money goes to clothes,' he said."

And let's hope very little of it goes to the diet industry!

I also found this quote noteworthy -

"One-third of Torrid's customers are over age 27, so the retailer expects its patrons will stick with the store as they mature. Christine Thompson, director of marketing, said the chain is as serious about building self-esteem as it is fashion."

That DEFINITELY shows that the company has the right mindset. And it's hardly a surprise that full-figured women who are past their teens are still interested in dressing sexy and looking great.

Here's another shot of Melissa -

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.