Colin Firth preferred curvier Renee

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on November 11, 2004 at 06:55:41:

Here are a couple of articles I found about Renee Zellweger and the reactions people had to her more womanly figure in the new Bridget Jones sequel.

First of all - and this is especially nice to hear - Colin Firth, "Mr. Darcy" himself, says point blank that he liked Renee better when she was a size 14:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1353204,00.html

"WHILE Renée Zellweger has won admiration for her ability promptly to lose the two stones she gained to reprise the role of Bridget Jones, Colin Firth, her on-screen boyfriend, is less impressed.

""I preferred the fuller-figured Renée; despite women's beliefs to the contrary, men are more partial to women of substance," he said at the film's premiere."

And in a different article, Renee admits she got a lot of attention when she was curvier. I have a link to the whole article below, but here is the interesting bit. It IS sad that she lost the weight, but from these remarks, it sounds like she wished she could have stayed curvaceous -

"The star says she loved her fuller figure -and so did the opposite sex!

""I got a lot of positive comments," she giggles. "But I wasn't surprised by that. It's almost a cliche isn't it? That you have to go and buy larger undergarments is considered to be a positive thing. It's an asset really.

""What an unfortunate thing to not be able to wear those undergarments anymore. You know, a girl can dream."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.