Freedom

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on November 14, 2004 at 01:55:24:

In Reply to: The Center for Consumer Freedom posted by HSG on November 13, 2004 at 02:32:18:

Thank you for the link. Some of the organization's approaches seem a little loud for my tastes, but then again the people they are fighting are very loud too, so I can forgive it. Action and reaction, I guess.

I still prefer the positive approach, although I see the need for someone, anyone, EVERYone, to oppose the diet industry.

Thinking about the name of the organization, I feel that "freedom" is the most important term. So much of this always comes down to freedom, or the lack of it. Women of size are always given restrictions of one kind or another. Restrictions on what they can wear. Restrictions on what they can eat. Restrictions on how overtly feminine they can be. Its incredible, when you stop to think about it. We live in a free society, but so many people seem to make it their life's mission to try to limit that freedom, in one way or another.

I loved MODE because it always said that you could dress any way you like, eat whatever you want, and just be yourself. It's a life-affirming message that is still very rarely heard.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.