Body love in fashion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on December 14, 2004 at 02:51:34:

In Reply to: Re: Sixth Anniversary-- posted by M. Lopez on December 13, 2004 at 16:44:31:

I enjoyed that "styling gallery" very much, and my favourite pics are definitely those that show fuller-figured models, like Valerie and Barbara. With great fashions like these, the more generous the models curves, the better.

Maybe this will sound a bit farfetched, but I think the measure of plussize fashion is how much "body love" it expresses.

And body love in fashion is just like any other kind of love affair. If the clothing is designed by someone who really loves womanly figures, the clothing will embrace the body, lingering over the curves, holding it close - and will also delight in proudly showing it off!

But if it is designed by someone who is uncomfortable about womanly figures, or especially by someone who secretly dislikes them, the clothing will "keep its distance", will be stiff and awkward around the curves, will want to keep them hidden away.

The clothes on the New Femininity page look like they LOVE the bodies that are wearing them.

And by the way, Solveig is really charming. And the top looks both classy and sexy. That image should be included on your stying page too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.