Shania Twain video from 1890

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on January 08, 2005 at 21:13:48:

In Reply to: Barbara - Catherines cover posted by Chad on January 07, 2005 at 17:28:31:

Very pretty image. Again, Barbara can make anything look beautiful.

This is on topic, believe it or not. I remember reading somewhere that Barbara nurses a dream of becoming a country western singer. Well, I just saw a new Shania video that I think is exactly what we all had in mind as the perfect video for her.

The setting is timeless, and Shania's dresses look gorgeous---and about as far from modern as you could imagine. It really looks like someone took the cameras back to 1890 and filmed a video.

Nothing against Shania, but of course it would have looked *much* better if it had featured someone with a fuller figure, to suit the time period, and make the dresses look more curvaceous.

I also think that these settings and outfits would make for a perfect plus-size model photo session, either as a test or editorial.

I found a gallery of screen captures online. I'll post one, and link the rest. The only shame is that the captures make the colours look so muted. In the video, they are deep and rich, with the sunlight beaming into the cloisters.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.