Re: ''Look out, world''

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on March 23, 2005 at 09:18:37:

In Reply to: ''Look out, world'' (JMS spring campaign) posted by HSG on March 22, 2005 at 20:32:36:

Hard to say for sure if those Titian paintings were a direct influece or not, but it would be nice to think that they were. The pose in the lingerie image is very similar, just reversed.

What makes the image with Ivana work so well is the fact that she looks so relaxed and comfortable, and absolutely delighted in her own appearance.

Besides suggesting poses that present models in gorgeous ways, the most important influence that works of art can have on plus-size fashion advertising, I think, is showing a look, a manner, an air, on the part of the models that is more than just self-confidence, but is full-fledged self-adoration, an aura of, "I know Im beautiful, I deserve to be worshiped".

This is especially important today, when the media tries to spread the lie that full-figured women are perpetually unhappy with themselves. These images turn all that around, and say, "I love myself, and my curves are my most desirable features".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.