Christina Schmidt in words & images

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HSG on April 04, 2005 at 23:22:29:

Of interest to fans of Degrassi: The Next Generation and plus-size beauty alike, we are pleased to offer the public a collection of extraordinary new test images featuring young actress Christina Schmidt (who played plus-size model Terri MacGregor for three seasons on Canada's popular Degrassi television series).

When we originally posted our interview with this actress back in November, we received a deluge of votes for her on our survey page, along with many enthusiatic comments from her innumerable young fans. We would like to take this opportunity to share some of those comments, accompanied by several of Christina's new test photos.

(Larger images from this series are viewable at the brand-new Christina Schmidt gallery page, which is linked at the end of this post.)

A reader named Alyssa tells us: "[Christina] is one of the most beautiful actresses I have ever scene! A bunch of friends and I adore Degrassi, and I have to say, so far into the season we realli miss her!!!!! I wish her so much luck in the future..."

Mystii7 (or so she calls herself) writes: "Thanks for posting your interview with Terri of Degrassi. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing more into her life."

Christina's popularity extends beyond the tween/teen demographic. A more mature fan named Laura comments: "I have been following with great interest all the Forum interest in Christina Schmidt and the De Grassi show. She is lovely indeed, and from all accounts (which you confirm) a wonderful person as well as a talented actress. Hope for the future???"

An anonymous voter affirms: "I loved her on Degrassi and was sad to see it when she left. I'm a plus sized girl myself, and seeing her and how her character had the same insecurities I have made me feel better. I think Christina is beautiful."

Brittney offers perhaps the most candid and meaningful comment that we received in response to the interview: "This girl (Christina Schmidt) is one of the most beautiful models I have seen, and has a lot of spunk. And she may not say it but she stands for something I think is important... Not everyone is a size 2! I myself am in the 7th grade and I weigh about 190 LB's, and my friend is a freshman and weighs like 250. So keep up the good work girl, and stay strong in your faith!"

And Natalee enthuses: "All of the woman are absolutely beautiful, wonderfully gorgeous!!! I think this young woman is an excellent person to be out in this world promoting the plus size woman. She is so young and yet so mature, polite, worldly, and fabulous!!!"

Fans will also remember that Christina has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress by the Young Artists Awards organization, a.k.a. the "junior Oscars." Let us hope that this nomination brings her increased recognition for her craft, and leads to many future successes.

Gorgeous, full-figured, intelligent, and self-assured . . . Christina may yet be the talent who sets in motion the cultural renewal that we are all eager to see.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.