An environment of beauty

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Emily on April 16, 2005 at 18:31:19:

In Reply to: Shaping the world around us posted by HSG on April 15, 2005 at 23:22:58:

Those models in those artifacts all resemble Shannon Marie or Christina Schmidt, don't they? They are indeed very attractive.

The one that really made me stop and think was the beer advert. You're right -- today, beer ads have become the banner cases for anyone who wants to talk about the vulgarity or stupidity of the media. To some people, they are like bad jokes deserving parody. To others, they are sources of real anger and offense. The idea that someone could make something like that a work of art, instead, is mind-bending.

It begs the question, "Instead of creating something tawdry, why NOT create something beautiful?" Don't assume that people will only respond to the lowest impulses.

But it is nice to think that the plus-size industry could be helping create an environment of beauty. A few days ago, I got a Torrid promotion in my Inbox. I'll try to post it. It shows the same gentle shades of pink and green that were in the beer advertisement. And the model has that fair-skinned look.

And while I'm on the topic, I really have to say that Torrid has a gorgeous spring dress collection. It's more attractive than anything I ever expected to see in plus. The dresses are all sleeveless, many are figure-embracing, and the colours are very natural. It's a remarkable showcase of beautiful design.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.