Isaac Mizrahi on target (almost)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 01, 2004 at 18:32:53:

A lot of people have talked about the Valerie Lefkowitz tv commercials for Target designer Isaac Mizrahi. But, even though Valerie was in the tv ads, she was never on the Isaac Mizahi page at the Target site.

I wrote to Target to complain about this (why exclude the plussize model??), and maybe I wasnt the only one, because I just saw that on the new summer page for this desiger, Valerie IS there - and even in a bikini!

I guess you can call this progress, but it still bothers me that she is only on the first screen, and kind of at the back of the picture, and partly hidden, while the minus size is on all the other screens, modelling every single piece of clothing.

Its kind of like Kate Dillons Liz Claiborne ads. Im very glad shes there at all, and this designer (and Target) get BIG points for letting her model a bikini. But, it still feels like the plussize model is being marginalized.

On the other hand, maybe there will be a new tv commercial for this promo. And if Valerie is in it wearing a bikini - wont that turn a few heads! If somebody in the U.S. sees it, I hope they post about it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.