Re: Nadia: Gothic Beauty at Torrid

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 17, 2005 at 20:51:02:

In Reply to: Nadia: Gothic Beauty at Torrid posted by HSG on May 17, 2005 at 17:33:59:

I think it is a breathtaking image - the best Torrid pic since the last Charlotte Coyle cover. It shows that you CAN create amazing editorial-type photos with true plussize models, as long as you have the right clothes, and the right aesthetic - lush and rich and opulent. Torrid went "darker" for this photo, but it still kept beauty as their guide. Its the kind of dark beauty you see in a lush gothic film, like Francis Ford Coppolas Dracula, or in the better moments of Van Helsing - which are all influenced by Gothic art, like that of Friedrich.

A detail I like are the curtains. In many old paintings I have seen in the galleries at this site, artists would frame their images by painting drapery at the borders. It adds to the opulence of the picture.

Nadia is gorgeous, and I cant wait to see what else this photo shoot produced.

For a totally different feeling, her is a sensual new image of Melissa at Torrid. I really think that the industry is finally realizing that curvaceous midriffs and womanly arms are just as sexy as a full bust, or whatever else. ALL curves are beautiful!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.