A Cinderella Story

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by renata on July 21, 2004 at 05:24:22:

In Reply to: From backstage to centre stage posted by HSG on July 20, 2004 at 12:29:44:

I saw this movie tonight with my younger cousin, and I really loved it. I'm not saying it's perfect. But before the movie started I was kind of down, and afterwards I felt totally happy.

Hilary Duff is not plus, but she is way more natural than any other star. She IS curvy! And she's beautiful too, so I think it's positive that way. But one of the things that's so great about this movie is it's totally ANTI-DIET! But for a reason. All the mean and rotten girls in the movie are all either on diets, or having plastic surgery, and the movie shows how superficial they all are. But what Samantha (Hilary Duff) is interested in is more important stuff. She wants to get into Princeton university. And she falls for Prince Charming without ever seeing what he looks like. They meet online, and she likes him because of his ideas, and because he writes poetry, and wants to go to Princeton too.

So the mean characters are on diets basically because they're superficial, while Hilary doesn't care about things like that, or about being "cool", because she knows what's more important, I really liked that message.

There were a lot of great lines in the movie that were anti-diet. I wish I could remember them all. I remember Hilary saying that when she was growing up "In our family, diet was a four letter word". One of the guys tells one of the stick cheerleaders that "Laxatives are not a food group".

Best of all, when Prince Charming meets Cinderella for the first time face to face, and he doesn't know who she is yet, she lets him ask her ten questions about herself. And one of his questions is "Rice cake or Big Mac"? (meaning which would she rather eat). She says, "Big Mac" -- and that's what he was hoping she would say! He says he "likes a girl with a healthy appetite" I couldn't believe I was hearing this in a movie!

By the way, the scene where Prince Charming meets Cinderella is really beautiful. Hilary was in a strapless white gown, and she reminded me of Valerie in one of her bridal pictures. She really looked like a princess. And they danced in a gazebo decorated with roses, and with music playing in the background. It was so gorgeous.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.