Context

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on September 03, 2004 at 23:31:24:

In Reply to: Re: Hollie Lawing--22,000 voters can't be wrong . . . posted by Chad on September 03, 2004 at 15:56:38:

I agree completely - Hollie is one of the most beautiful models Ive ever seen. If she looks that good in a snapshot, I cant even imagine how stunning she would be in a professional campaign.

Wouldnt it be interesting to take one of those wild makeup ads you see in the fashion magazines, and reshoot it, except using Hollie instead of a stick chick? Maybe that would finally show people in the fashion biz that they COULD use real plus-size models and still do all the crazy, sexy things they do today in their photos - and the final result would be WAY more gorgeous.

I also love the context of this photo. The media pretends that if youre plussize, you dont go out, but just stay at home moping or something. And thats a total lie. Hollie IS "the face of 21st century womanhood", because curvy girls DO go out, DO have fun, and DO "get the guy". In fact I bet Hollie could steal any guy from any waif, if she wanted to.

I really hope Hollie finds her way in the modeling world.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.