Reese Witherspoon asked to gain weight for role

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chad on September 27, 2004 at 20:18:59:

It's hard to imagine anyone calling Reese Witherspoon "womanly", but I love the comments by the director of Vanity Fair in this aricle. She talks about plus-size beauty is such an enthusiastic way, and rejects the "underfed Los Angeles actress look".

Hopefully in the future, more directors will embrace this attitude - and cast actresses who fit the director's description even better than Reese Witherspoon does.

Here's my favorite excerpt -

"The film, based on William Makepeace Thackeray's 900-page novel, is set in the time of empire dresses and heaving bosoms, and Mira, 47, didn't want a waif on screen.

"She wanted a woman.

"Said Mira: 'When I first cast her, I went to dinner at her house with her husband (Ryan Phillippe), I, in fact, made a joke: 'Give me some flesh'.

"'This underfed Los Angeles actress look is not for me.'

"The 29-year-old actress was pregnant with her second child for most of the filming.

"Mira was naturally delighted.

"'It gave me that beautiful fleshiness and that beautiful bosom which were used to great effect.

'Her luminosity looked so beautiful and womanly and that's what I wanted,' she told The New Paper from New York where she was preparing for her next film, Namesake."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.