Article with Christina & Raven-Symone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HSG on May 07, 2005 at 08:16:44:

Could this be another sign that things are changing for the better, for the next generation of plus-size actresses in Hollywood?

A new article that has been picked up by several online news sources (and is linked below) discusses last weekend's Young Artist Awards, and pays particular attention to the evening's more curvaceous award winners: Christina Schmidt and Raven-Symone.

The article features several thoughtful statements from both young actresses, including the following passage concerning Miss Schmidt:

"Degrassi" deals with many of the real-life problems that teens seem to go through. One of the series' most interesting characters is Terri, played by Christina Schmidt, who won a Young Artist Award.

I had the opportunity to speak with Christina, and asked her how the character of Terri compares with the real life Christina.

"We're actually nothing at all alike. Terri is kind of insecure and shy, while I really love just being myself."

She told me the secret to the show's success is the chemistry between the actors, who are actually great friends in real life. Christina has real charisma and she's a talented actress, and very deserving of this award.

How nice to hear this very young entertainment writer describe both the actress, and her character, in such a positive way. And how wonderful that Miss Schmidt took the opportunity to make a positive statement about self-esteem (one which every young girl who empathizes with her vulnerable Degrassi character will hopefully take to heart).

Here is Raven-Symone receiving the Michael Landon Award for her contribution to youth through television:

And here is one more new image from Christina's recent test series:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.