From Terri to Christina........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melanie W. on May 08, 2005 at 18:57:13:

In Reply to: Article with Christina & Raven-Symone posted by HSG on May 07, 2005 at 08:16:44:

That was a great article, especially for such a young writer. Im glad she wrote so well about Christina, and that she referred to Terri as one of the "most interesting characters" Degrassi. I always thought she was the MOST interesting character on the show, by far, and I basically watched the show just to see the episodes in which Christina had a major role.

I think the distance between the personality of Terri and Christina is fascinating. It maps the journey that a lot of plussize girls are going through, I think - from the kind-hearted but insecure days of the past, to the self-confidence they feel today, where they can honestly say "I really love just being myself", as Christina states.

I just hope that the media finally starts reflecting this change. I adored watching Terri gain confidence as Degrassi went on - but now, I want to see plussize characters on screen who KNOW they are beautiful (and who really are), and who exude as much femme fatale glamour as any movie star, past or present.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.