Hollie Lawing--22,000 voters can't be wrong . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HSG on September 03, 2004 at 02:59:04:

That's how many people voted in the Lane Bryant plus-size model search, according to an official company press release. 22,000 people chose Hollie Lawing as the most deserving candidate to win--and one look at her images tells you why.

At this Web site, we honour the public vote above all else. Therefore, although we have a policy of restricting commentary to professional, working models, we feel compelled to make an exception for Ms. Lawing. With all due respect to the other four worthy finalists, Hollie won the Lane Bryant contest in the way that mattered most--i.e., she made the deepest connection with the public. And if there has ever been an aspiring model who really should "make it" in this industry--considering the good that she could do for the cause of size celebration--Hollie is that model.

In the time since the contest closed, we have received many messages in praise of Ms. Lawing, both from her closest friends, and from avid fans who are eager to embrace her as a plus-size role model. Here are just a few examples.

Kelly S. offers us the following insights about Hollie:

Thank you so much for your comments...I am very blessed because I have been friends with Hollie Lawing for almost 9 years now...I have to tell all of you that she IS in it for the right reasons and that I only wish you had a chance to know her the way I do...We grew up in Marietta together during our High School years and she is even more beautiful in person than in the photos....Thank you so much for the compliments to my best bud. Blessings.

Alison T. adds the following:

Just like Kelly said before me I appreciate your compliments of one of my best friends. I, too, have known Hollie almost all of my life. We have known one another since we were 12 years old. Her personality shines through in her gorgeous being and I am very proud of her for entering the contest. I agree that there needs to be more plus size women REPRESENTING plus size women! I want someone who is closer to my size modeling the clothes that I want to wear and Hollie is perfect for that job description. I love her and I am very proud of her. Take Care.

Janice says simply:

WOW! What a beautiful lady! Plus beauty-&Plus charm=Hollie

And the "e-mailbag" keeps pouring out the comments . . .

But most exciting of all, we recently received the following candid photo of Hollie (on the left), accompanied by two friends in a casual setting. Again, we are making an exception in posting a non-professional image here, but Ms. Lawing's potential for changing society's views of size and beauty is utterly incalculable. Could anyone possibly be confronted by an image of this model, and fail to renounce anroex-chic media standards? Could any young, full-figured woman fail to be inspired by Hollie, and begin to see herself in a whole new light?

Like any "talent"-based profession, plus-size modelling is an extremely challenging career goal, and (sadly), even superlative beauty is no guarantee of success. But let us hope that Hollie pursues this dream a little further. If she does, then every individual who ever views her contributions to size celebration will be immeasurably fortunate.

Hollie Lawing (left) with two friends--the gorgeous face of true, 21st-century American womanhood:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL : Link Title : Optional Image URL:

If you press "Preview Message," you are taken to a preview screen where your
message is shown to you before allowing you to post it.
Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Judgment of Paris ] [ FAQ ]

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.